i've had a lot of requests for the recipe for witches brew lately. it's a WONDERFUL drink for the season. totally yummy!
1gal unfiltered apple cider
1 cinnamon stick
2 cups of chopped apples
a crock pot or large pot on the stove
put about 1/2 of the apple cider in the crock pot low or on the stove on a low burner. add in the apples and spices. keep on low for 3-4 hours. by that time the brew should have "cooked down" a bit, and you can add the other half of the apple cider. keep on low for another 2-3 hours. when the brew is finished, ladle into mugs, adding whipped cream for the kiddies, and rum for the big'uns.
this is my absolute favorite seasonal beverage (with the exception of this pumpkin ale that you can't get in Nebraska, only Missouri and Kansas (HINT HINT, you know who you are!!!!))
- ► 2013 (53)
- ► 2012 (19)
- ► 2011 (95)
- well, i made it
- gearing up for halloween
- votive candle to container candle in three easy cu...
- we have a new living room
- pumpkin light instructable
- If youre not part of the solution, youre part of t...
- ahh, finally
- kind of skipping today
- zombie walk. a journey in pictures
- a rather interesting realization
- happy birthday ... to me
- be kind, it's been a long time since i wrote poetr...
- the crud
- i'm watching "how to train your dragon" for like t...
- 100 pavers
- hay look, a bunny
- time suck
- by other broom is a car *
- long day
- Witches Brew
- i love this time of year. the leaves turn pretty ...
- My Best Ever Beef Stroganoff
- i had a whole different blog written, i really did...
- I am you. I'm a Kitchen Witch
- amendment to yesterdays blog
- Things I'm Currently Obsessed With
- Being a Pagan in a world of the Religious "Right"
- Race for the Cure
- im... im a geek
- im... im a geek
- What did i get myself into??
- ▼ October (33)