Wednesday, August 3, 2011

My version of the Gratitude Post

For those of you that don't follow @touchstonez (and you should, she's awesome), she does a weekly gratitude post.  I love that idea, but I've never put it into action.  I mean, I'm not exactly the type of person that goes around telling people how greatful I am, even when I am.  Don't get me wrong, I say thank you and all that. But that's not gratitude.  That's just manners.  Its like knowing which fork to use.  But I'm going to give it a shot. 

Here goes:

I'm grateful for my yoga practice, which has been spotty at best lately.  I know I always feel better after I've practiced, but finding time with the toddler of terror has been difficult. I have to admit though, I do love that he wants to mirror what mommy does, makes the belly flop onto mommy worth it.

I'm grateful for my crafty-ness.  It keeps me sane at work.  For example, I've crocheted two wash cloths already today, and haven't strangled a single co worker.  That's not to say I haven't wanted to.  I just didn't do it. 

I'm grateful for my family.  They are wonderful and supportive, and understand my particular brand of crazy. My hubby is there for me when i flutter from one project to another, sometimes helping me move furnature in the process. My parents watch bubby every day while I'm at work and send lots of pictures. My children are wonderful and bring me joy every day. And migranes. But mostly joy.

I'm grateful for coffee.  I love coffee.  I drink lots of it.  Like pots of it a day.  It keeps me awake.

So now you know what I'm grateful for.  I'm sure there is more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment