as i've stated before, i'm not a wiccan (unless were talking about legalities, then hells yeah, i'm jumping on that bandwagon (pagans themselves don't have any clear cut legal rights, but wiccans do)), i'm a kitchen witch. i have no degrees, participate in no coven, i'm solitary. i do things on my own. and that may not be the way the rest of the pagan community does it, but it's what works for me.
for most wiccans (and again, remember, i'm not a wiccan, so i could be totally wrong, and if i am, please let me know) they cast a circle, gather around the altar with their magical tools, do their ritual, and commune with the goddess. not so with me.
my entire kitchen is my saccred space. my counter tops are my altar, my cabinets my supply storage. everything i cook or bake is in it's own way magical and saccred. i rarely if ever do any formal rituals. whenever i cook i light a candle and say a thank you to the god and goddess. my cakes and ale are usually yogurt and coffee.
for instance, since i started this blog post i have been (simultaniously):
blessing my new broom and cauldron (the broom will be getting it's own blog post later)
typing this up
running the dishwasher
wiping up the counter tops
making a batch of witches brew
taking pictures of hex on the dining room table
see, for me, being a pagan isn't about the robes, and the candles, and the statues. it's about how i live my life. about how everything i do should be done with intention. i just happen to practice my faith in the kitchen.
**could not help myself with the name of this blog post. common, it was RIGHT THERE!!!**
- ► 2013 (53)
- ► 2012 (19)
- ► 2011 (95)
- well, i made it
- gearing up for halloween
- votive candle to container candle in three easy cu...
- we have a new living room
- pumpkin light instructable
- If youre not part of the solution, youre part of t...
- ahh, finally
- kind of skipping today
- zombie walk. a journey in pictures
- a rather interesting realization
- happy birthday ... to me
- be kind, it's been a long time since i wrote poetr...
- the crud
- i'm watching "how to train your dragon" for like t...
- 100 pavers
- hay look, a bunny
- time suck
- by other broom is a car *
- long day
- Witches Brew
- i love this time of year. the leaves turn pretty ...
- My Best Ever Beef Stroganoff
- i had a whole different blog written, i really did...
- I am you. I'm a Kitchen Witch
- amendment to yesterdays blog
- Things I'm Currently Obsessed With
- Being a Pagan in a world of the Religious "Right"
- Race for the Cure
- im... im a geek
- im... im a geek
- What did i get myself into??
- ▼ October (33)