Friday, October 25, 2013

my secret(creepy) jedi powers

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.  - Hamlet (1.5.166-7)

science can't explain everything.  the world is too complex.we're not meant to know everything.  that being said, i don't think it's a suprise that i believe in all the woo-woo stuff, in past lives, in telepathy, even telekinesis.  i know people with amazing talents.  i've had the di'ja'vu feeling.  i've had the moments when i'm missing my bestie, and she calls or sends me a text message.

i've seen and heard things even in my own house that i cannot explain.  doors opening, footsteps, even someone calling my name once.  im what some people call an empath, able to feel peoples emotions and sometimes even the presence of someone that has passed on. awesome for a party trick, completely sucky when you're alone in a house and you start to hear and feel people walking around.  even Bubby has seen his grandmother standing behind Hubby and i.  so really, i'm at home with the supernatural.  i think when we try to explain things, we loose the magic that the universe has for us.  there is so much beauty in the world, pinning it down and making it ordinary just seems... cruel.  why is it we can't just accept the world, as strange and terrible and beautiful as it is?

so as the world "dies" this halloween, lets all just take a moment to appreciate that the bump in the night, might not be the cat, that the strange niggeling feeling is something real, and that the voice you heard calling your name, might not be from a flesh and blood person after all.  

1 comment:

  1. It is awesome you are so in tune to yourself and everything around you!
    My MIL has a great 6th sense. I call it her witchyness, meant in the best way possible. I wish I had as much witchyness as her!

    I love this strange and terrible and beautiful world. It is all those things that make it so interesting.
    ~Rebecca

    ReplyDelete