Friday, October 11, 2013

If I had a million dollars

I went to Junkstock today with my friend Jodi.   I dont get to hang out with her as much as I want to because of kids, and jobs/school, and LIFE.   But I had an amazing time.   It was so good to catch up. 

And of course to browse through the junk.

I love antiquing and thrifting, and Junkstock was the perfect place.   You just never know what absolutely cute thing you didnt know you couldn't live without.   There were trinkets and jewelry and furniture...... oh the furniture.   Cane chairs painted pink and upholstered in brocade.   Turquoise dressers with chevrons painted in the drawers. 

If I had an absolutely disposable income I would have furnished my entire house there.  I fell in love with old windows made into a miniature green house.   With huge picture frames with chicken wire insides to hang treasures.   With Gothic wrought iron fences.  Because every home needs Gothic wrought iron fences. 

What I ended up coming home with was three owl jars and a yard art raven which has already taken up residence in the wine barrel of mint in my front porch.  My budget was $23 and admission was $5. 

Jodi are going to try to make it an every year thing, so I have a while to save up for our next trip.



I do love my little owls. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to have to plan to go to this someday! It looks like fun with so many cool things to discover.

    ReplyDelete