the beginning estimates were at HUNDREDS of dollars. and that was just for cheap laminate. granite? in the thousands. concrete..... i didn't even ask. so i sucked it up. i told myself that the counters weren't that bad, that they would last. after all, they weren't falling apart, the were just stained and nasty. so when hubby and i were walking through the home improvement mega box store, we happened upon this little can of stuff called "counter paint". *insert angelic choir here*
at twenty bucks, it was a vast improvement over replacing the counters all together. so i figured why not. if it works, great, if it doesn't i'm only out a twenty. so we brought it home, and this morning, i tried it out.
IT WORKS!!! oh my gods it works! the color isn't exactly what i wanted (i was hoping for darker than it turned out), but it's a HELL of a lot cheaper! hurray for diy!!!
here are some before and after shots:
wide before shot
nasty stain 1
nasty stain 2
wide after shot