Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Using up the fabric stash

I have way too much fabric and no set projects. I can't justify buying more fabric for the projects I have lined up until I use some of the stuff I have on hand.  Its a bit of a catch 22 situation.

So I'm trying to come up with interesting things to do with odd bits of fabric.  So far ive made a marble maze and a bunch of infinity scarves.  Oh how I love the infinity scarf.  I would wear one all the time if I thought I could get away with it.  Love em.  And there very easy to make.

1) start out with 2 yards of light knit fabric. I'm sure you could use any light fabric, but you will have to take a couple extra steps and hem it up. 
2) cut the fabric up the middle long ways. So you now have 2 pieces of 2 yard long fabric
3) sew up the two short ends.

Done.

Seriously, that is how easy an infinity scarf is to make. The one you see in the picture has been drip dyed a charcoal gray to white.  The other three I made went to friends at work.  I'm thinking that ill be making a bunch more in different colors and fabrics.  Because I love them. 

The next project will probably be a weekender bag.  I have a  bunch of fabric that has bright red palm trees all over that would be perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment