Monday, May 6, 2013

Its about style, not swag

I doodle whilst at work, between phone calls.  Well, doodle and watch movies. Occasionally there is a NCIS marathon.  Or maybe the programming on the History Channel or Discovery doesn't actually suck for once. But a lot of it is doodles. And today I doodled a cute little late 40's pencil skirted suit. I think I'm going to make it. Not that I have anywhere to wear it.  Except possibly grocery shopping, but that's something else entirely. (Seriously, why don't people dress up anymore?? I mean, I love me some comfy clothes, but why does going to shopping in your pj's seem like a good idea??)

Well fitting clothing is something that's not NEW to me, just not something I really cared about. Any ole pair of jeans that can stay up without bursting off... done. T-shirts, always the acceptable option. Sneakers always fit. But if I'm really going to be true to my authentic self (sorry, finished reading Casual Vacancy by JK Rowling, and while I didn't really LOVE of, its stuck in my head), I should project myself more.  Fitted clothing makes a person more confident. Not that j have a problem with that of course, but even I have days when my coyly awesome self esteem cracks a bit and I'm feeling schluby. And besides, as much as it may be non-feminist of me to say, every once on a while, I could use a couple of wolf whistles.

I don't think I'm going to turn into Kym KarCrapian anytime soon, (like I said, too much self esteem) but don't see the harm in tarting myself up a bit. I'm not going to go overboard, I don't even have a closet so I'd have nowhere to put oodles of clothes.  But a couple of really nice pieces, exquisite construction, timeless fabrics.... I can't loose. So this weekend I will window shop for some awesome fabrics and begin patterning.

No comments:

Post a Comment