Sunday, April 14, 2013

Major overhaul

I'm not talking just diet and exercise.

I'm planning on an overhaul of every aspect of my life. If it doesn't help me grow, its got to go.  Old ways of thinking, patterns, and routine parts of my life that aren't working, gone.  People that hold me back more than they hold me up well we'll always have Facebook. 

So many things have happened to me and my family in the last three or four years that have caused a subtle, but increasingly powerful shift in my perspective.  I'm not the same person I was. I don't think the same anymore, so it makes no sense to continue down the same paths.  The things I used to be interested in... just aren't interesting anymore.  So new paths will be traveled, forged sometimes. New adventures, new experiences. 

I've got myself signed up at a new yoga studio on a groupon for more yoga classes, and I'm trying to get a more stable meditation routine going.  Hubby and I went to our first meeting with the local SCA.  I've got my first tattoo planned. I bought grown up shoes (not heels, but not chucks either). And those are the small changes.

As far as big changes, those will come on their own. I already realize that I'm less likely to suffer fools gladly, unless I'm being paid to do so.  I've recently begun to realize which people I can count on and those I can't, and will shift my attention accordingly.

This is my life.  My domain. I will do what is best for me.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you. Awesome and magic and powerful for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go you! It's amazing how much better you feel when you get your self how you want to be.

    ReplyDelete