Thursday, March 7, 2013

Adventures in Dressing

To keep up with the real food (and totally not because I forgot the bottle of dressing at work), I made salad dressing last night to go with the organic greens we were having. I shopped around on the interwebs and found a couple of recipes that looked good, but i never seemed to have all the ingredients called for.  So I decided to wing it.  I used this recipe as a jumping off point, and came up with this:

Creamy Avocado Garlic Dressing

2 avocados
1/2 c mayo
1/2 c (ish, I just dumped the almost full 8oz carton of) sour cream
2tbl butter milk (I made my own with milk and lemon juice)
3tbl apple cider vinegar (deluded, it was way strong)
1/4tsp basil
1/4tsp oregino
1/2tsp garlic powder

Plop the avocados, mayo, sour cream in the mixer and start her up.  When it starts to combine add the buttermilk and ACV.  When its all smooth, add the herbs and spices.  Put in the fridge till you're ready to use. 

Now I just need to learn to make my own mayo...

No comments:

Post a Comment